Aluminum Nitride (AlN)
Aluminum nitride ceramic has “extreme” high thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance and low dielectric loss. The coefficient of thermal expansion is close to that of silicon. As a new generation of ceramic materials, the aluminum nitride substrate has good compatibility with circuit materials. It can be used for multilayer wiring which makes it an ideal material for large-scale integrated circuits, semiconductor module circuits and high-power devices.
- LED solid-state lighting, high-frequency microwave devices, and communication modules;
- Inverters for photovoltaic cells, wind energy generators and new energy vehicles;
- Smelting non-ferrous metal crucibles, evaporation dishes, and magnetic fluid power generation devices;
- High-temperature flattening machine corrosion-resistant parts.
- “Extreme” high thermal conductivity
The thermal conductivity of aluminum nitride ceramic is the highest in all ceramic materials; similar to aluminum and more than 6 times higher than Alumina.
- High electrical insulation capacity
Aluminum nitride ceramic has good insulation, low dielectric loss characteristic. Its thermal expansion is close to that of silicon.
- Dense and No toxicity
The aluminum nitride is non toxic and is considered to replace the Beryllium oxide (BeO) in the semiconductor application and substrates.
Technical Characteristics – Aluminum Nitride (AlN)
|Surface roughness （μm）||0.3~0.6|
|Thermal conductivity room（W/m•K）||≥170|
|Max. use temperature（℃）||800*（Air） 1300（inert）|
|Volume resistivity (Ω·cm)||≥1000|
|Dielectric constant 1MHz||8~10|
|Dielectric loss 1MHz||3*10-4|
Note: Standard dimension AlN substrates available in stock. Please contact us for more information.